With over 60 species of birds that call the rainforest home, Birdworld will delight you with the amazing array of colours and so much to photograph.
• Enjoy over 60 species of birds in a natural rainforest habitat
• See some of Australia’s endangered and Endemic Birds
• Rare Southern Cassowary Australia’s largest flightless bird
• Australian Eclectus Parrots, Black Cockatoos, Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos, King Parrots
• Amazonian Macaws
• Beautiful surrounds with lots to see and photograph
• Hand feed the birds
Birdworld Kuranda is in the heart of Kuranda a little village in the rainforest, 30 minutes west of Cairns. It is surrounded by tropical rainforest and adjacent to the Wet Tropics World Heritage listed Barron Gorge National Park. Join the birds in their rainforest free flying habitat whilst you admire their beauty. See the endangered Southern Cassowary a Keystone species. Watch the cheeky Rainbow Lorikeets, Galahs, Cockatoo’s and many more. Don’t be surprised some of our birds take a ride on your shoulder.
Birdworld Kuranda is open from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm daily except closed on Christmas Day 25th December, restricted trading 1:30 – 4:00pm on ANZAC Day 25 April. (Allow yourself at least 45 minutes to one hour to go through Birdworld Kuranda)